Mongolian New Year



Being apart of the Mongolian community in Kuching, I'm invited to have a New Year Dinner on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year. Their traditional food is just like a (beef + onion) pau call Pooza. I did a little help at the same time learn how to cook their food.On top right is how I look like trying to be a professional in making beef Pau eventhough I do not take beef! he he he. Well, the real Pooza should look something like the cute 5 pieces of little pau look alike. Since the time is killing us and there are so many people waiting hungrily, we just wrape the whole thing like what I'm doing in the picture... & trust me... the cooked Pooza look a little ugly but tasted nice (I suppose so). On the picture with many many Pooza, you can spot 2 little pau on top of it & it's mine! a salad filling pooza.

The very funny thing is there's no paper plate or anything like that.... so everybody will grab anything that can be used as their plate. Here's Dunguun eating in action with a pot and the cooking spatula. After eating, we all drink beers and a bottle of red wine that I brought along. I leave their house to join Ellen & gang at around 10.30pm ;-)