Skype moment with Ba'kelalan

Ba'kelalan is a remote area in the Heart of Borneo where the 'Lun Bawang' a local etnic group stays. The flight to Ba'kelalan is only 3 times a week on a twin otter by MasWing. It is a nice and cool place to visit if you are into the nature and to learn more about the culture of the people there. More about Ba'kelalan, please visit HERE.

I was there back in June and blogged about the place as well http://aliciaks.blogspot.com/2011/06/mama-hen-baby-ducklings.html

UNIMAS, the local university in Sarawak has a project there on tele-centre to help the local communities to be connected to the world. As I made good friends there, I had the first skype session with 2 of the community leaders there. The village head and area chieftain of the village. It was short and sweet but we were all very happy to see each other online. The most memorable question was 'Where are you now?' I guess that was to confirm that I was really in Kuching and not nearby. 

It was indeed a historical moment in life.

.:I definitely wasn't flattering with my pyjama ON:.

0 Voices: