I don't understand... Why PLUR?

.:Kandy:.


I Don’t understand why the Live Bands community in Kuching uses PLUR as their favourite quote. The 1st time I heard RDZ saying that was in one of his show. My eyebrow went high high almost touched my hair coz I don’t understand what was he talking about.. is he refering to the same PLUR i commonly hear and say among my raver mates or what? The 2nd time was in UKOI’s flyer and now… in EjalTV’s bulletin in myspace.com

Well, I don’t understand so what? They have their own reason and as long as they don't misused with the quote and they enjoy and love what they are doing, it’s not wrong anyway.

What’s the big deal about it? Well.. it actually is not so much on a big deal thingy. I just want to make sure everyone knows the origin of PLUR coz I love to Rave and now I am officially proud of how the word PLUR expended into the Live Bands cultural.

PLUR = Peace Love Unity Respect

PLUR or PLURR is an acronym that stands for "Peace Love Unity Respect", a credo or mantra of the rave culture. Many in the rave scene have heard this term at sometime or another, although its common usage is relatively recent. Early 1990s and mid-1980s ravers often followed similar principles, but did not use this coinage to describe their beliefs.[original research?] It may be interpreted as the way that a raver believes he or she should live his or her life, and how people are expected to behave at a rave. This philosophy of the rave culture often takes precedence over any chemical aspects of the rave scene.

PLUR can also be viewed as a more mainstream variant of its predecessor LPE (Love Peace Ecstasy), because it removes the drug reference. LPE was mainly used in Europe in the early 1990s, when the rave scene became a youth subculture

For more info about it, go visit Wikipedia..

0 Voices: