2nd novel of the year...


.:The Cover:.
During my trip to Bario on 29 March 2011, I noticed 2 people were reading the same novel called The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest. The two people that were reading the novel were a Kelabit lady and another Swedish lady if not mistaken. 

Well, since according to available statistics, the population in Bario is of almost 1,000 people and 2 of them were reading the novel, it must be something good. It interest me to find out more about the book and why is it so special. I found the novel when I was going to Bali in LCCT (which was a continuos schedule after the highland trip) and bought it straight away even before I googled it.

I read random novels which are on recommended shelfs in bookstore or brought back by my siblings including Harry Potter and by writers I know such as John Grisham, Dean Koontz and Danielle Steel. I don't really have a single friend who read like crazy that will actually introduce good novels to me or even passionately conversing about books or writers. ZERO to be exact. I pickup reading when my sister's friend left a box of novels at our home when he left to his hometown. Even until now, I've not read more than 30 novels but am trying to add in the reading habit into my lifestyle instead of sitting in front of the computer and by the time in bed, i only managed to read 1 or 2 lines before I fall asleep...

Oh well, after some online research, I found out that The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest is actually the third book by Stieg Larsson and published posthumously after his death by heart-attack in 2004. This book is also preceded by The Girl Who Played With Fire. 

In Sweden, they even made movies out of his book and the poster of the latest one is shown below.

.:The Movie Poster:.

Oh well, since I've bought the third book, I'll start backward instead!

5 Voices:

eLisSa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eLisSa said...

yet to finish 'Sisters'. already half way through. taking my time in reading it. haha..

Aliciaks said...

That book.. front part very exiciting but the end bit turn off to me.. 'spoiler' hahaha

eLisSa said...

finished di. yea..i still don like the fact tat the dad married a young slut. n then oso, all out of a sudden it's like the author wanted it to end very quickly that everyone seems to find their own partner with such convenience. cheh..

Aliciaks said...

Hahaha... told u the ending is a turned off. Like she can't think of what to write anymore.. Kakaka